Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tri-tip Steak

For dinner Betty made this awesome tri-tip steak. It has been awhile since I've had some good solid red meat, as some of you may know I've been sick. I had to have my tonsils removed and before having them removed it was hard for me to swallow solid food so I didn't eat things with texture. I was missing having food with texture and having to actually use my teeth to chew food and while I have been able to eat solid food for a little less than a week now it was good to be able to have some good meat. It was tender and juicy, had good flavor even if it was just sprinkled with season all.

With it we had some delicious strawberries, which reminds me of an exercise we had to do in class. It dealt with synesthesia, which is a medical condition and having mixed signals in the brain. An example would be tasting colors, or hearing colors. The exercise was to describe a strawberry using music. This was a difficult task because it all depended on your music history and ability to relate that to something else. Some came up with things wildly different from me and had more of just references to parts of music, I can't recall the exact wording of anyone else but this is what I came up with:
 "The smell reminds me of the song 'We Intertwined' by The Hush Sound because the title reminds me of a spring day and the vines of a strawberry plant intertwining as it grows. The color is a vibrant 'Red Flag' by Billy Talent, a gorgeous ripe color. The taste is much like 'All I want is you' by Barry Louis Polisar because it is a sweet love song and I'm in love with these sweet strawberries." 

No comments:

Post a Comment